UBC has developed a COVID-19 Safety Planning Framework for the gradual and phased reoccupancy of the university. The Framework aligns with BC's Restart Plan for COVID-19 and includes steps for the development and approval of UBC COVID-19 Safety Plans (CSP).
In alignment with UBC's COVID-19 Safety Planning Framework, OCIO-UBC IT's COVID-19 Workplace Safety Plan provides guidance for all OCIO-UBC IT staff returning to work on-campus. The plan includes a review of operational activities and directives to ensure effective measures are in place and followed across all OCIO-UBC IT sites to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and is intended as a guide for faculty, students, staff, and visitors. There are also unit-level plans (child plans) providing information for IT units conducting work on campus.
Safety Plans will be regularly reviewed and updated per mandated government and university requirements.
Intermediate Plan: OCIO-UBC IT Safety Plan
Child Plans: OCIO-UBC IT Unit Level Safety Plans
- Audio Visual Services
- Business Information Systems
- Communications and Collaboration Services
- Desktop Services
- Facilities and Administration
- IT Service Centre
- Network and Infrastructure / University Data Centre
- UBC Emerging Media Lab - Scarfe Building
- UBC Emerging Media Lab - Irving K. Barber Library
- UBC Emerging Media Lab – Wesbrook Building
- UBC Studios – University Service Building
Information about safety plans for UBC’s Okanagan Campus can be found on the AVP Finance & Operations Okanagan website.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) and UBC’s response
- UBC’s re-occupancy and resumption plan
- UBC’s approach to managing COVID-19 risk
For OCIO-UBC IT Health & Safety and Reoccupancy inquiries contact IT JOHSC firstname.lastname@example.org.